ITIL Release, Control and Validation Certificate (ITILRCV)
Intermediate ITIL capability module leading to ITIL Expert in IT Service Management
|Chameleon offers the full portfolio of accredited IT Service Management training leading to all examinations in the new ITIL Qualifications scheme
4 days including 90 minute ITIL Release, Control and Validation multiple choice scenario based examination.
Public Course Price
£ 1100 plus VAT including examination
- Practitioners involved in Change Management, Release and Deployment, Service Validation and Testing, Service Asset and Configuration Management, Request Fulfilment, Service Evaluation and Knowledge Management
- Individuals wishing to advance to higher level ITIL qualifications
- Individuals who require a deeper understanding of Release, Control and Validation at a Practitioner level
- All IT Professionals, who contribute to ongoing service improvement
- Understand the importance of Service Management as a practice concept
- Understand Service Lifecycle processes pertaining to Release, Control and Validation
- How Change Management as a capability realises successful Service Transition
- How Release and Deployment as a capability realises successful Service Transition
- How Service Validation and Testing assures integrity and quality of service
- How Service Asset and Configuration Management monitor the state of Service Transition
- How Knowledge Management enhances ongoing decision making and Service Delivery
- Planning, protection and optimisation roles and responsibilities
- Understand the technology and implementation considerations
- The challenges, critical success factors and risks associated with SOA
- Undertake the new ITIL Release, Control and Validation examination
Existing holders of ITIL Foundation Certificate or ITIL Foundation Certificate plus Bridge Certificate.
Release, Control and Validation Examination Course Content
- Introduction to Release, Control and Validation (RCV) and the Lifecycle
- Change Management process and RCV
- Release and Deployment process and RCV
- Service Asset and Configuration Management process and RCV
- The Service-V Model and RCV
- Request Fulfilment, Service Evaluation and Knowledge Management processes
- Roles and Responsibilities of RCV across the Lifecycle
- Challenges, critical success factors and risks
- Technology and Implementation considerations
Chameleon as an Accredited Training Organisation (ATO) will provide for each candidate all course documentation, new Service Transition quick reference guide, new ITIL glossary of terms, sample papers and access to all new AXELOS publications in readiness to undertake the ITIL Release, Control and Validation examination.
Examination for ITIL Service Strategy Certification
Candidates will undertake Eight (8) multiple choice, scenario based, gradient scored questions in the 90 minute closed book examination. The 90 minute multiple choice examination is undertaken in the afternoon at the end of the three day course. A pass mark of 70% is required in order to be awarded the ITIL Certification and 4 credits.
The results will be received directly by candidates approximately 2-3 weeks following the examination.